One of the leadership programs at Hymba Yumba is Tidda (meaning sister). The Tidda program is designed to inspire and motivate our year 7 – 12 girls to be resilient, independent leaders and have a strong sense of their identity. The program focuses on cultural leadership, building self-esteem and self-identity as well as holistic health and well-being.
Hymba Yumba’s Tidda program aims to:
- Increase the tiddas’ self-esteem and capacity to make ‘deadly choices’ in regards to their health and well-being.
- Improve interpersonal and intrapersonal relationships between our year 7 -12 tiddas.
- Encourage them to be leaders for younger tiddas at the Hub and within their family.
- Promote effective relationships with our community partners.
- Create and develop partnerships with inspirational Indigenous women.
- Form positive and lifelong connections in the community.
The program works with many different government, non-government and community organisations to ensure the positive community connections are developed and sustained throughout their life journey. These organisations include Deadly Choices – Deadly Sistas program, Kambu Health and well-being program, Inala & Ipswich Elders and the Greater Ipswich Community.